Telford & Wrekin Council unveils comprehensive career guide to empower residents and benefit businesses
A local careers guide aimed at raising awareness of the local labour market and supporting parents, teachers, students and job seekers looking for diverse career opportunities has been launched by Telford & Wrekin Council.
The Invest Telford Careers Guide is a result of collaborative work following requests from local schools as well the business community wanting to showcase the variety of jobs available locally and across a range of sectors.
It’s designed to inspire and encourage our young people as well as those new to the area or looking for a career change to explore the wide range of businesses, sectors, and roles that are available within the borough. The guide provides valuable insights into the companies in the Borough, job opportunities, how to progress in a career, what training or qualifications are needed and the support that is available. The Guide is intended to inspire and provide practical support for everyone in the community as well as addressing the challenges many companies face with recruitment.
Councillor Lee Carter (Lab), Telford & Wrekin Council’s Cabinet Member for Place (The Economy & Neighbourhood Services), expressed his enthusiasm, stating, “We are committed to equipping our future workforce with the tools and knowledge they need to make informed career decisions and to supporting our businesses to expand and our economy to grow.”
Councillor Eileen Callear (Lab), Telford & Wrekin Council Cabinet Member for Education, Employment and Visitor Economy, emphasised the importance of the Career Guide in providing invaluable resources for career exploration. She stated, “We believe that by providing students, parents, and teachers with comprehensive information on different sectors, progression routes, and training options, we are enabling our local talent to flourish benefitting our young people, families, communities and the economy.”
The Telford and Wrekin career guide is an invaluable resource that aims to:
- Help students make informed decisions about their future careers
- Raise awareness of the diverse labour market within Telford and Wrekin.
- Support parents and teachers in discussing career options with students
- Highlights the wide range of employment opportunities within each sector, from entry-level to advanced roles
- Promote local businesses and showcases sectors and job opportunities
- Offer insights into various career progression routes and available training provisions
- Provide details on the skills and attributes required in different sectors
- Give information on expected salaries
- Provide guidance on routes to job advertising, interview preparation, and what to expect
To view and download the Telford and Wrekin careers guide visit: https://www.investtelford.co.uk/why-telford/people-and-skills