Church designed by Thomas Telford benefits from Telford 50 grant
St Leonard’s Church in Malinslee has benefited from a Telford 50 Legacy grant – meaning renovation and improvements works can take place to ensure the building’s sustainability.
The Telford 50 Legacy fund offered five town councils £150,000 from the Community Buildings and Facilities Large Grant fund.
Great Dawley Town Council decided to support St Leonard’s with some of their allocation and Telford & Wrekin Council also provided £16,000.
Work will start at the beginning of March including repairs to walls, window seals, the roof and internal walls updating the interior décor to a modern finish.
The church is owned by the Lichfield Diocese and was built in 1805. It is one of only three designed by Thomas Telford.