Tier 3 restrictions across Telford and Wrekin Leisure sites
What it means for Telford and Wrekin Leisure Services
Following the announcement that Telford and Wrekin will enter Tier 3 restrictions from midnight this evening (31December) many of you may be wondering what this means for our leisure services.
First and foremost we can confirm that most of our leisure facilities will remain open with our usual restrictions and extra cleaning resumes in place to keep everyone safe.
You can still:
- Visit the gym – just book your session here:
- Book a swim session:
- If your child is due to restart swimming lessons from early January – this will still happen.
There will however be a few changes acrossour facilities which we need to make you aware of:
- No adult fitness classes will happen – BUT our fitness classes will be moving online. Watch this space we will publish our brand new virtual timetable very soon to keep you moving this January.
- Gym changing rooms and health suites will no longer be open.
- Swimming changing rooms will be open.
- The Ice Rink will close. If you have a session booked our team will cancel this for you and process refunds. If you are an existing member we will also freeze all memberships during this time. Our team will take care of all of this for you.
- Sports clubs for under 18s and disability groups will carry on. This includes football, badminton, and gymnastics and dance clubs.
- Badminton and indoor tennis – only use these facilities with the same household or support bubble.
- One to one sport coaching is only permitted with the same household or support bubble only.
- No indoor casual football sessions will be running
- Group coaching outdoors is permitted for both adults and children
We would like to reassure our customers that we are doing everything we can to keep our facilities clean and safe to exercisein.
Cleaning schedules have been increased throughout the leisure centres, and you may find that the reception area looks a little different with the installation of screens at the desks.
Standby for more information on our virtual fitness class timetable…
In the meantime stay safe.