Telford & Wrekin Leisure prepare for their phased re-opening…
It’s been a while since we’ve all stepped foot inside Telford & Wrekin Leisure facilities, and although we don’t as yet have a confirmed date as to when we can open we’re hoping to be in a position to invite you all back as soon as we are permitted to do so.
In line with Government advice, as elements of lockdown start to lift, the team are looking at measures as to how we can safely re-open up our centres to allow you to enjoy facilities in a safe environment. So far we have been able to welcome golfers back to Horsehay Golf Centre where all external facilities are now successfully operating with control measures in place and to enable use of Telford Athletics Stadium.
Here’s an insight into some of the steps we’re looking at introducing:
- The promotion of online pre-booking for all activities to help reduce time spent in the reception area and queuing times.
- Social distancing measures throughout the centres with clear directional signage to make this as easy as possible.
- Increased cleaning schedules and hand sanitiser stations for you to use as needed.
- A reduced capacity, to ensure we have enough space for everyone to social distance.
- We won’t be able to offer our full leisure programme immediately but we’ll be looking to resume as many as possible.
- We may need to put time limitations on activities because of a reduced capacity, this will allow everyone a chance to take part.
There is a lot of finer detail we are working through in the upcoming weeks in line with Government direction but rest assured we are working towards re-opening as many of our services as quickly but most importantly as safely as we can. However, it may be that not all of our centres can reopen at the same time.
Additionally, we will be in touch with individual Direct Debit customers in the upcoming weeks. We would like to reassure you that unless you have instructed us otherwise your Direct Debit membership will remain frozen, we will not be automatically resuming collections upon opening, as we recognise that individual members will make up their own minds as to when they feel ready to return.
We’ll be in touch, and aim to keep you updated every step of the way as we begin our re-opening journey.
The Telford & Wrekin Leisure Team