Think Before You Travel
It's set to be another beautiful weekend of weather and we therefore know that our outdoor spaces are likely to be busy. Once again we are asking people to consider the impact of travelling to busy areas.
The following Traffic restrictions will remain in place forthe next few weeks and be reviewed regularly:
- Ercall Lane is ONE WAY ONLY - to access you need to approachfrom M54 junction 7 direction towards the Wrekin and leave along Ercall Lanetowards Holyhead Road, Wellington or via Little Wenlock.
- Cones are in place along themain to discourage irresponsible parking
- Neighbourhood Enforcement Officers will be patrolling thearea and notices will issued where necessary.
- If there is no or very limited parking don’t stay gosomewhere else.
- We are working with West Mercia Police around social distancingissues and they will also have a presence in the area.
- The one system through Little Wenlock has been removed atthe request of the Parish.
All measures to assist with social distancing remain inplace and becoming ever more important as more businesses start to reopen overthe next few weeks:
- NO ON STREET PARKING along the Wharfage, on Tontine Hill andHigh Street.
- The Square car park will be CLOSED to allow for morepedestrian space and queuing for businesses.
- NO MOTORCYCLING PARKING on the pavement by the Ironbridgeand Tontine Hill.
- Public toilets remain CLOSED
Telford Town Park
- All play equipment is CLOSED and should not be accessed.
- Disc Golf, Adventure Golf and Sky Reach remain CLOSED
- The visitor centre remains closed therefore there are NOPUBLIC TOILETS and there are no cafe/refreshment facilities available
- MUGAs are open but please follow the government guidelinesof only playing sport with members of your household or one person at a time whilesocial distancing at all times.
- NO BBQS are permitted anywhere in the park
- NO SWIMMING in any of the lakes
Alternative Walking & Cycling Routes
Telford & Wrekin has some fabulous walking and cyclingroutes which are likely to be less busy. Why not go exploring and find some newinteresting places visit around town. Why not see if there is a route you oryour family could visit
We are aware that there are issues with parking in otherareas of the borough and our Neighbour Hood Enforcement teams will be outacross all areas and will be issuing notices where needed.
All of our outdoor facilities are now open,
There is an increase in litter locally and bins are becomingfull quicker than usual so we ask that you play your part in keeping our areaclean and tidy and take your rubbish home with you. If you do see any issueswith litter please report this to us here
You may start to notice that local businesses are startingto reopen. However they must do this while maintaining clear social distancing.If you have any concerns around a local business following the guidelinesplease report to us email@example.com
Go out and enjoy the sunshine but remember to keepyourselves and other safe by keeping your distance and go where it's quieter.We don't all need to be in the same place.