Pride In Our Community improvements - week starting July 2
Here’s what our crews are working on this week
* New footbridge – following Saturday night/Sunday morning’s successful lift of the rail section of the new footbridge, the northbound carriageway of the A442 was re-opened ahead of schedule on Sunday night. The southbound carriageway of the A442 remains closed while the crane is dismantled. It is expected that the southbound carriageway will be re-opened before the morning rush hour tomorrow (Tue)..
* Roads – Highway improvements will take place in Waxhill Close, Donnington.
* Drainage – A gully replacement scheme will continue in Newport this week on Chetwynd Aston Roundabout and will start on Mere Park roundabout on Wednesday 4 July. This will involve night works from 8pm until 6am.
* Footpaths – Work will continue in Dawley & Aqueduct, Wrockwardine Wood & Trench and Brookside
* Road lining – Road lining crews will be working in the Oakengates area as well as on a find and fix basis across the borough.
* Street lighting – crews are upgrading lights to more energy-efficient LEDs in Wrockwardine, Oakengates, Dawley and Hadley & Leegomery. If you have a question about street lighting, please email email@example.com.
* Potholes fixers – ‘Find it Fix it’ crews are filling potholes that have been reported to us. Please report any you spot here http://www.telford.gov.uk/info/20046/street_care_and_cleaning/454/potholes/2 or via the Everyday Telford app.
* Litter picking, grass cutting and pruning – estate crews are out litter picking and cutting grass in areas around Brookside, Sutton Hill, Woodside, Hollinswood, Randlay, Stirchley, Malinslee, Leegomery and College.
* Crews out pruning will be in Donnington, Hills Lane, Leegomery, Apley, Admaston, Sutton Hill, Madeley, Stirchley, Aqueduct, Randlay and Telford Town Centre. Anyone wanting to report an issue with littering in their area can do so here http://www.telford.gov.uk/info/20046/street_care_and_cleaning/513/street_littering_and_litter_bins.
* Due to the continuing hot and dry weather, we are beginning to suspend grass cutting operations across the borough. Grass cutting teams will be deployed on the main housing estates and will concentrate on lifting low hanging trees, removing epicormic tree growth, reforming grass edges, cleansing off street parking, strimming and additional pruning.
* Summer bedding – watering continues due to the hot and dry weather. This is not at an additional cost as the redeployed grass teams will pick this up.
* Dawley High Street deep cleanse and power washing starts today. (Mon 2 July)
* St Leonards Church, Malinslee –refurbishment and improvement to the church’s Garden of Remembrance is now completed.
* Starting next week:
Dual Carriageway Maintenance 2018
During the period July 8 – July 26 routine environmental maintenance operations will be carried out across the dual carriageway network.
The majority of works will be undertaken under full road closures, these closures will take place overnight to minimise disruption and the impact on the road network. Due to the vast number of contractors, workforce and machinery required on site this programme of work has had to take place following the closures related to the footbridge project, as well as lessening the impact along the A442.
Diversion routes and up to date programme information have been published on the web address shown below. Advanced information signs will also be put out on site.
The programme for this scheme is attached – please note that this may be subject to change dependant on adverse weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances out of our control. If the programme is updated, this will be published on the web site immediately and you will be notified by email.
Roads to be included are:
A442 Queensway (Trench Lock to Brockton Roundabout)
A4169 (Brockton Loop to Castlefields Roundabout)
A464 (Randlay Interchange to Castle Farm Interchange)
A518 (Ketley Brook Interchange to Ketley Dingle Interchange)
A5223 (Ketley Dingle Interchange to Lawley Common Roundabout)
A5 (Telford Way)
B4373 (Mossey Green Way)
A variety of essential maintenance works will be undertaken under these closures as follows:
•Street Light repairs
•Vehicle barrier repairs
•Refresh of road markings
•A variety of highway asset surveys
* Pride in Our Community Street Champion volunteers – volunteers are doing a champion job in our communities. To volunteer as a Street Champion in your area email firstname.lastname@example.org. For other volunteering opportunities visit http://www.telford.gov.uk/volunteering.
Get live updates on street works and traffic management schemes in Telford here https://telford.roadworks.org/
More about Pride in Our Community here http://www.telford.gov.uk/pride