Council Services affected by weather - 2 March 2.30pm
The latest forecasts indicate that we are expecting more snow from 3pm this afternoon, with this due to become heavier from around 4pm today.
As such, we are scaling down services at our leisure and library sites. Telford Ice Rink will remain open as normal on Friday evening.
The following centres will close at the stated times:
• Abraham Darby Sports & Leisure Centre - 6.30pm
• Newport Swimming Pool - 6.30pm
• Oakengates Leisure Centre - 6pm
• Telford Snowboard & Ski Centre - 3pm
• Southwater Library – 4pm. If you have a pre-booked appointments we will contact you to offer an earlier slot or to re-arrange
• Wellington Civic & Leisure Centre - 6pm. Self-serve library facilities will be available until this time
The following centres will open a little later tomorrow (3 March) to allow staff time to get to work safely and also assess conditions.
• Abraham Darby Sports & Leisure Centre - 8.30am
• Newport Swimming Pool - 8.30am
• Oakengates Leisure Centre - 8am
• Telford Snowboard & Ski Centre - 9.30am
• Wellington Civic & Leisure Centre - at 8am
Libraries will open tomorrow at 10am as normal.
Looking at current forecasts, we can expect all Council facilities to open as normal on Monday. Schools should continue to post details of any closures on our Snowline page