Less than four weeks to Telford European Christmas Market
The Christmas festivities are set to take hold in Southwater in less than four weeks time as the European Christmas Market comes to Telford.
Already thousands of people have shown an interest in attending what is expected to be a very popular destination this festive season, and now the opening hours have been confirmed plans can be made with friends and family to come along and see what this local event has to offer.
Opening on Thursday 1 December and every day until Friday 23 December the Christmas Market will be open from 10am to 7pm Sunday to Wednesday, and 10am to 9pm Thursday to Saturday.
A selection of food, drink and gifts available at the market has also been confirmed and includes:
• Shropshire Christmas burger
• Christmas Ornaments from Bavaria
• Italian and german biscuits and cakes
• Gluehweinn chalet (mulled wine)
• Ceramic Christmas Houses
• German Bratwurst grill (sausages)
• European Bar - premium beer, schnapps, Christmas Cocktails, flavoured hot chocolate
• German miniature cuckoo clocks
Find out what else will be available on the Facebook event page.
With chalets offering a range of European and local goods and a mini fun fair to entertain the little ones, Southwater will be bustling, but why not make a day of it and plan some other festive fun once the market is ticked off the to do list and check out “Christmas in Telford” for ideas. Why not:
• Go along to a Santa Skate session at Telford Ice Rink and skate with the man himself
• Visit Santa in his grotto in Telford Shopping Centre by House of Fraser
• Wrap up warm for a play at Telford Town Park
• Book a festive meal in one of the local restaurants
• Not shopped enough at the market? Continue in Telford Shopping Centre
• Check out more ideas for a festive day out on the Christmas in Telford Facebook page, which includes details for local light switch ons and more
Councillor Liz Clare, cabinet member for Culture, Sports, Parks and Green Spaces, said: “The Telford European Christmas Market is fast approaching and I’m pleased to see that such a great variety of gifts, food and drink is going to be on offer.
“But it’s not just European fayre on offer, the market is a mix of European and local businesses who have this unique opportunity to have a presence in one of the borough’s busiest locations, boosting not only those local businesses but the local economy further boosting growth in Telford & Wrekin.
“It’s clear to see from the fantastic support on social media that a great number of people are excited to visit this event, which will be on the doorstep for many compared to the likes of Birmingham or Chester which require organising travel, parking and more to visit.
“So take the chance to visit often while it’s open, that Gluehweinn isn’t going to drink itself and that bratwurst is just waiting to be devoured!”
Telford European Christmas Market begins at 10am on Thursday 1 December, opening each day until Friday 23 December.
For more information about Telford European Christmas Market check out the Facebook event page.
For information on all things Christmas in Telford and Wrekin over the festive season visit the Christmas in Telford Facebook page.