Celebrate T-Picnic in the Town Park!
Everyone loves a picnic – and Telford & Wrekin Council is hosting a picnic on a completely different level in the UK’s best park.
T-Picnic is about friends, family, food and fun and takes place on Saturday September 3 in the QEII Fields In Trust Telford Town Park Arena.
T-Picnic is one of three events in Telford this summer branded as Festival Telford and supported by a grant from Art6s Council England. It is also sponsored by Telford Shopping Centre.
People are invited to bring along their own picnic – or bring along an empty picnic basket and fill it with some of the delicious foods available on the day…from traditional hog roasts to cajun caribbean and bakery creations.
T-Picnic will also feature live cooking demonstrations on stage, with tips and tricks to simplify cooking for budding chefs and people looking to learn new skills.
The arena will come alive with live music and entertainment throughout the day up from 11am up until 9pm. This will include:
• London Vegetable Orchestra: as the name suggests, the instruments are made up of hand crafted local produce, which sound as incredible as they look – from a mouth watering “brass” section of courgettes, squashes, peppers and cassava roots to carrot recorders
• Spark! Street Theatre: A magical live music, and lighting spectacular in which mysterious characters composed of light and sound transform the landscape around them
• Light and Pyrotechnic Finale: bright lights zooming high into the sky over Telford Town Park Arena backed by music from Spark’s performance
• Exotic Zoo: Meet lots of different types of animals – from crocodiles, monkeys, meerkats, armadillos to a whole host of amazing reptiles and insects. Take photos and make memories!
• Chinese Chatter! Discover new words and phrases in Mandarin Chinese with Chinese Chatter. Plus Chineses arts and crafts over in the marquee
T-Picnic will also have Bhangra and folk dance workshops, puppet workshops, gingerbread making and street theatre.
Councillor Liz Clare, Telford & Wrekin Council’s cabinet member for Culture, Parks, Sports and Green Spaces, said: “T-Picnic should be a fantastic day out for all the family with a wide variety of entertainment.
“We’ve already held successful events during the course of the spring and summer like Spring Into The Park, the Drive In Movie, Carnival of Giants and the Telfood Feastival.
“T-Picnic will continue to build on that and I would encourage people of all ages to come and enjoy this great family day out, which has something for all ages. And you get all this for just £1 entry!”
People interested in attending can get follow T-Picnic on Facebook or visit www.discovertelford.co.uk/events