Have Your Say on Borough Transport Plan
All Local Highway Authorities have to produce a Local Transport Plan (LTP) which sets out a strategy and action plan for improving transport in their area.
The third Local Transport Plan (LTP3) for Telford & Wrekin is now being prepared and will set out how the Council plans to manage, maintain and develop the borough's transport network during the period 2011 to 2026.
This will cover all forms of travel including cars, motorcycles, public transport, walking and cycling.
The LTP will consist of two parts:
- A Strategy setting out the policies - this will be regularly reviewed.
- An Implementation Plan setting out a programme of works that will deliver the strategy. This will be reviewed every three years.
We would like people to have their say and give us their views on transport around the borough to help with development of the Plan.
The easiest way to have your say is to complete the online LTP3 Consultation Form at www.telford.gov.uk/LocalTransportPlan
Paper copies can be collected from the council's Civic Offices and Darby House, libraries, leisure centres and Travelink at Telford Shopping Centre bus station.
Consultation events around the borough are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday April 20 - Newport Cosy Hall, 11am - 3pm.
- Friday April 23 - Wellington Leisure Centre, 11am - 3pm.
- Tuesday 27 April - Oakengates Theatre @ The Place, 11am - 3pm.
- Friday 30 April - Telford Shopping Centre, Dean Square, 8.30am - 5pm.
- Saturday 22 May - Madeley (Your Community Matters) 11am -2pm.
There are other ways to let us have your views: e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone us on 01952 384602 , fax us on 01952 384634 or write to us at: Transport Policy, Telford & Wrekin Council, PO Box 212, Darby House, Lawn Central, Telford TF3 4LB.
We look forward to hearing from you.