Budget proposals - tell us what you think
The Council has published its budget proposals which commit to freezing Council tax for both 2015/16 and 2016/17 - the third year in a row.
We’re also putting forward a number of one-off investments thanks to careful financial management and making savings early, supporting our drive to help create jobs and investment in the borough’s economy and making the borough a better place to live and work. These include:
- A £1 million fund to boost high streets and the borough’s district centres.
- Free swimming for residents over 50 free at council pools until 2020 to help improve health. £1m to run the Community Pride Fund again in 2017/18.
- £650,000 to support regeneration in St Georges, including funding to help refurbish the Council-owned Gower St former youth centre.
- An additional £250,000 to support events to help attract more visitors to the borough and promote it as a destination.
- Almost £4 million to help roll out superfast broadband to parts of the borough where there is no broadband infrastructure and where none is planned.
We want to hear your viewhttp://www.telford.gov.uk/info/20262/the_councils_budget/477/budget_consultation_2015tation_2015">on your priorities for the borough and what you think of our budget proposalhttp://www.telford.gov.uk/budgetef="/budget">www.telford.gov.uk/budget has a short online questionnaire and lots more information about the Council’s budget.
Make sure you give us your views.