Telford Town Park welcomes Spring this weekend
Telford & Wrekin Council will welcome Spring to Telford Town Park on Saturday (28 MAR).
Spring Into The Park is a new, all day, free family event, celebrating the great outdoors and the completion of works to the park.
Over the past two years, Telford Town Park has made significant changes to its infrastructure, trails, footpaths and play areas with help from a National Lottery Grant.
With an Easter theme, the event will be a spring extravaganza with activities happening in pockets across the park:
· There will be a fun fair in the arena, alongside scout and leisure activities.
· There will be a petting farm with the chance to hold bunnies and chicks, feed the lambs and donkey rides. As well as a horse and cart ride to Stirchley Chimney.
· There will be special appearances from Peter Rabbit throughout the day in Telford Town Park and an Easter egg hunt with a yummy reward for all those who take part.
· There will also be arts and crafts activities in Southwater, where you’ll be able to make Easter bonnets, lily pads to go on the lake and get your face painted.
· Travel Telford will be running bike and scooter competitions for children by the bandstand. Bring along your bike or scooter and you may win a prize.
Councillor Liz Clare, cabinet member for leisure services and culture, said: “We’re really excited to host this new event which will offer a free day out for all the family.
“There will be so many activities aimed at all ages across the Park and Southwater.
“Telford Town Park is a huge asset for the borough and events like this showcase the different attractions we have in the park.”
Spring Into The Park is on Saturday 28 March in Telford Town Park between 10am–4pm.
The event is in partnership with BBC Radio Shropshire and The Scout Association.