Last call for nominations for Telford & Wrekin Active Lifestyle Awards
There is less than seven days until the deadline to submit nominations for the Telford and Wrekin Active Lifestyle Awards.
The deadline to submit entries for the awards is Tuesday 5 May at 5pm and the prestigious awards evening is on July 8 at Oakengates Theatre @ The Place.
Nominees could include:
- Individuals who have changed their life as a result of being more active
- A volunteer who has committed numerous hours to help make sport happen
- A team who have just won their league or other major competition
- A business which provides opportunities for their workforce to get more active
The Telford and Wrekin Active Lifestyle Awards evening takes place in conjunction with the Annual Sports Scholarships and is sponsored by Ricoh UK Products Ltd.
The evening honours individuals, teams, groups and business achievements in sport and physical activity.
Last year more than 200 people attended and almost 90 nominations were received for awards and more than 30 gold, silver and bronze award grants were handed out to successful sports scholars.
This year’s guest speakers are Justine Lucas and Amy Cokayne from the England Women’s Rugby Squad.
Stuart Davidson, Telford & Wrekin Council’s assistant director for Leisure, Culture and Facilities Management, said: "This year’s awards evening will promote Sport England’s This Girl Can campaign along with the Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour – which will be visiting Telford Town Park as part of T-Party on 18 July.
"The Active Lifestyles Awards Evening demonstrates the wealth of talent and dedication of so many individuals involved in sport across the borough and it is a credit to them that we are able to organise such a prestigious event."
Awards will be presented in twelve different categories including:
- Volunteer of the Year
- Young volunteer of the year
- Community club of the year
- Sports Performance of the year
- Junior Sports Performance of the year
- Coach of the year
- Newcomer (Individual) of the year
- Newcomer (Team/Club) of the year
- Employer of the year
- Community Project of the year
- Active Lifestyle Award
- Outstanding contribution award
To make a nomination:
Or call 01952 382332